Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Forget Me Not

I totally forgot I had this blog. I mainly use tumblr these days just because it's quick and easy. I also have a wordpress blog that my husband and I started writing together but have forgotten about that one as well. *Sigh* Life has just gotten so much ahead of my online activities. I now have a 13 month old baby boy who keeps me on my toes constantly! He love electronics so I have to hide my phone, tablet, laptop, remotes, Wii remotes, and keep him away from the TV on a regular basis. Though he isn't really talking on a regular basis, I feel like he is very intelligent. There have been many times he has repeated a word I just said but when I try to get him to say it again, he wont... but I know he can! The only words he says regularly are, "dada, mama" and "byebye." My mom said I didn't even start talking or walking until I was 14 months old and I'm in no hurry for him to do either at this point. We are just enjoying him being a little tiny baby. Some of the words he has said randomly are step, neat, good, hi, hey, cheese, and ball. I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now though. He will walk behind toys while pushing them around the house or while holding onto my hands but he has no desire to do it without support at this time. He is just started to stand up without support. He is still super tiny. Barely 17lbs and still wearing some 6-9 and 9 month clothes. Twelve month clothes swallow him! I didn't intend on this entry to be all about him but he is really the only life that I have these days. My stepson lives with us currently and he does keep me entertained but he's in school every day and doesn't get home until around 3:30 and after he does his homework, he plays outside until it's dinner and shower time and then bed time. Several nights we play either a board game or the Wii together though. I feel like it is important to have quality family time with your children as they are growing up. That is one reason we ALWAYS eat dinner together at the table. I wish I would have had the same experience with my parents growing up. It is a good time to spend with your children especially if it's the only time you have to be able to spend with them. I have really developed a bond with him this school year. I am glad he can open up to me about his feelings and he is always smiling now. He seems like a different kid! Garrett will be 8 next month. It does not seem like nearly 8 years ago I gave birth to him. Time flies by so quickly! He was only 19 months old when Cameron and I started dating. Bella was only 15 months old. It is just nuts to see how grown up they are now compared to what seems like not that long ago. I am so proud of Garrett. He is making all As in school, which is normal for him but he is so smart. They have offered to move him up a grade or two. We have decided not to because Gavin is only a grade ahead of him in school and that would probably make him feel bad and his self esteem already isn't the greatest because he has a harder time grasping concepts and things in school right now. Despite Gavin's difficult time with his sensory issues causing some bumps in the road, I am still proud of him for making A-B honor roll. I thought he was going to have a much more difficult time inn 3rd grade than what he has been so far. He really does try hard and he is one of the sweetest 9 year olds you'll ever meet! He is polite and thoughtful and always trying to make you proud. :) The funny things he says are so random, there is NEVER a dull moment with him by your side. He is always keeping up laughing. Since I've talked about all the boys, I must say something about Bella now. She is doing great in school! She is very artistic and creative and very curious. I love the little stories she makes up or how she has a playful mind and a big imagination. Most kids are not like that these days. She reminds me of myself when I was a little girl. I loved playing make-believe too. :) She has a lot of love in her heart for people and I hope a lot of her innocence remains in her until she is an adult at least. In June, we will be moving. We aren't planning on moving as far away as we once were but we will still be a distance from the older children but this will only be temporary as we rid some debt and plan for a better future for our family. Maybe then we will be able to buy a house and get on with our American Dream! haha I have no complaints about our family. We are an awesome team! Financially, we will feel better off once some debt is paid off and we will struggle less. Money doesn't buy happiness but it can buy peace of mind! I just can't wait to start this journey to better our future. My husband... I can't really put in to words how much he means to me. We had a couple of bumps in the road a few years ago but so much can change over such a short period. He is my best friend in the world! I respect him SO much. He has consistently taken care of four children and me for 6 years now without complaining about it. Taking care me my kids and me is something he never had to do and financially supporting 4 kids, a wife and a baby on one single income is amazing! I am so proud of his responsible ways. :D He is so good at his job and the way he cares about our children is better than most fathers these days. He genuinely cares about their well-being and looks out for their best interest. He isn't a selfish parent. He never just wants the kids to go somewhere else on the weekends because he really likes spending time with them as a family. Sometimes they test him and sometimes he can be a bit gruff, but he loves them and they love him... and you can see it. Parents who aren't strict at all just seem to not care as much. So I am perfectly okay when he is being a hard ass! They know they are loved. I haven't even begun to talk about how good he is with Ax. He loves to make him laugh and smile and Ax loves playing with him. If I ever need to get something done, he will basically always spend that time with Ax so I can do it. It is wonderful having two parents who take care of the kids needs equally. It is so nice to have a reliable spouse. I can't thank God enough. I am soooo glad I made mistakes in my past. I am so glad because without them, I may have never known what awesomeness I was missing out on! I have never been this happy in my life! Axten is a super awesome baby... sweet and smart and we have been truly blessed with great kids! I am a truly lucky lady to have the most awesome husband and family and life! I really do not have a single complaint and I feel sorry for those who do not have what we have.

No comments: